Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Answer and More

DW has asked what is available to us today that was not there before, thus improving our life. He specifically wanted to know about a particular object, but I have been thinking beyond any material possession that has led to a more comfortable, less stressful lifestyle. One thing that immediately comes to mind in my case is, what else, retirement.

I can't begin to express how my life has changed since 7/1/06. While I enjoyed my job right up until the day I retired, I must admit that my desire to continue with the day to day drudgery had diminished significantly. There were tangible and some intangible reasons for this change in attitude. With both dismissed, life has become casual like I am drifting with the ocean current. I know the current will take me somewhere, I just don't have to worry anymore about where that might be.

To placate DW however I will say that the one material thing that has made my life easier and much more enjoyable is a device that places a solid line (oh shit, my life just got complicated. Someone else in this house is making pomegranate jelly and has disovered that there are not enough jelly jars so an emergency trip to the store has precluded me from completing this. I apologize for the delay). around my golf balls. This device aligns the sweetspot on the ball which in turn provides a true roll. Thank God for modern technology.

4 comments:

mielikki said...

mmm
pomegranite jelly. That's worth the interruption, I believe!
I CANNOT WAIT to retire. Someday. When I'm like 80, probably!

CamiKaos said...

it figures it would have something to do with glf ;)

sybil law said...

How was the jelly?!!!

Bubblewench said...

LOL! Scott loves his little line thingy too. You crazy golfers!