Monday, October 22, 2007

What's Up?

Does anyone know where we are headed? I don't and at this point in time I don't even know if I want to. A quick look at the headlines should be enough to make just about anyone want to run and hide. Maybe become like the family in Blast from the Past, take your kid to a shelter and don't come up for awhile.

Wildfires rage, Turkey amasses more troops on the border, Bush asks for another $46 billion for wars, Bin Laden urges insurgents to unite, Blackwater, Spears, Copperfield and oh yeah, Oral Roberts says that the devil will not steal his university!









Meanwhile, my brother thinks (tongue in cheek) my lack of respect is commie drivel. But that's not what concerns me.

Continued Congressional inaction does. It will lead to a higher tax bite for a large portion of the population for tax year 2007. That's what I wanted to warn you about, the alternative minimum tax. It was created in 1969 because 155 high-income taxpayers dodged all federal taxes with creative tax breaks and deductions. Because of 155 tax cheats and a number of do nothing idiots in Washington, it is now estimated that by 2010 more than 35 million taxpayers will be subject to the tax, that's right, that is an additional 34, 999, 845 taxpayers subject to an alternative way to determine how much tax they owe. With this method, deductions are pretty much out the door. So unless Congress gets off it's dead ass, expect the worse, it could impact any family earning more than $75,000.00 this year.

5 comments:

CamiKaos said...

Frick on a stick.

On all of it really.

But additionally why doesn't Uncle B leave his comments on your blog for all of us to enjoy?

mielikki said...

Yeah, or better yet, Uncle B should start his OWN blog. I'd love to read it.
Ck summed it up very well
'frick on a stick'. I may have to use that comment for the rest of the day. . .

DaddyKaos said...

Let's all work on him, I would much rather see his wit here than in an email.

Oh, I must make a correction also, the bush wants 46 billion not million, my typo.

mielikki said...

oh, well hell. Only 46 billion? That's a mere pittance.
I will send Uncle B an email soon to try to harrass him into the blogsphere. . .

sybil law said...

Lovely.
Again - I hate politicians!!!!