Thursday, May 14, 2009

Irrational Thoughts

Last month a casual acquaintance and a member of the same golf club I joined a few years back had a massive heart attack. According to the paramedics he was dead before he hit the ground.

He was 61 years old and he was playing golf in a pro am with his wife, our club pro and another member. He was playing well, shooting even par on holes 10, 11, 12 and 13. On the 14th tee box he hit his drive, asked about the location of his tee and keeled over. The only sound was a loud thud as he hit the ground. No one saw him fall but everyone around heard the "thud".

CPR attempts failed to revive him, he died playing golf with his wife. The only thing that could have been better is if his two sons had been playing with him.

The only reason I am writing this, other than thinking of Marv, is because the day after he died was to be his 62nd birthday. I turned 62 today and since Sunday I have wondered if I would fall like Marv or make it past 61. Since I am able to compose this, my irrational thoughts have subsided.

Enjoy life.

No comments: