Sunday, January 24, 2010

Defining a Decade

After contemplating my navel for the past few weeks I have decided that I needed to come up with a word to describe this decade. One word, a single utterance that defines the raison d'etre for those controlling our lives.

I know, it's early yet but I have really been formulating this opinion for some years. Current events have allowed me to finally propose that poliunicorps be added to our vocabulary. While it rolls off the tongue easily, it has a tendency to leave a bad taste in my mouth as it spills into the atmosphere.

Poliunicorps, a combination of three words that have fostered disrespect throughout their existence must now be merged to form one.

The first part, poli, comes from politician which is defined by dictionary.com as "a seeker or holder of public office, who is more concerned about winning favor or retaining power than about maintaining principles."

Next comes uni, from the word union. Like politician there are many ways to describe union but for my purpose it will simply be a group of individuals joined together for a common purpose.

Finally comes corps, from corporation. A corporation, again according to dictionary.com is an "organization enjoying legal personality for the purpose of carrying on certain activities.". Of course those "activities" are only for the good of the corporation.

There you have it, the make up of poliunicorps which I will now define as an entity that exists only to perpetuate itself with no regard for the well being of those outside of its body.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Sounds good to me - in fact I've seen these poliunicorps in action.

And gee, why don't you want to comment on NanaKaos's current blog posting? I don't get it! LOL

Always said you were a smart man!