Friday, May 16, 2008

Where do the homeless people pee?

I had to have some lab work done today. One of the rules I had to abide by was nothing to eat after 8:00PM and nothing to drink after Midnight. OK, so nothing to eat was no problem and I am normally not up to drink much of anything after midnight anyway.

I thought I was just going to give blood to the vampiress until she finished. Then she handed me the cup. I dread the cup. Whenever I have lab work, I get up, take a shower, then do my morning ritual. I rinse my mouth with water after I brush, then a little mouthwash.

I try not to swallow since if so much as a drop passes my tonsils, I will have violated my promise of nothing to drink after midnight and I would have to wait until the next day to give the vampiress her chance to thump my arm to look for just the right vein. I am one of the lucky ones that have very prominent veins so they usually don't have any trouble sticking me.

The problem I seem to have is with the damned cup. If I can't drink anything after midnight (really this means 10PM or 10:30PM because I'm not going to set the alarm for 11:55 just to have a drink) and I have to relieve myself when I awake (not realizing I should save it for the cup) just how much do they think they are going to get?

So as I was leaving the room of blood, the vampiress removed the stress when she said you don't have to fill it.

Oh and to answer the question where do homeless people pee...........any damn place they want!

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

I walked into the doctors office Wednesday. Checked in and asked where the rest room was. Went to rest room.

Come out, go back to office, SAME WOMAN, hand me a cup, I looked at her in total disbelief and said "What did you think I was doing in that rest room you directed me to?"

I don't get it. Needless to say, they didn't get any either!