Thursday, August 28, 2008

Freedom

I have a very strong belief that individuals ALWAYS have the right to express their opinion unless their actions may cause harm to others, that is until today.

While watching coverage on MSNBC of the Democratic Convention this afternoon and evening there persisted a constant chatter in the background. This noise came from a person that belongs to a group that apparently is convinced that the tragedy of September 11, 2001 was the work of of our government.

There were no planes to take out the twin towers, only explosives surreptitiously planted by internal forces....in spite of the film footage we all watched over and over. I guess they believe that all of that was neatly edited to hide the conspiracy perpetrated by our government.

Now I am no Bush fan but there is no way I can believe that even Cheney would come up with something as heinous as that.

The guy using the megaphone repeated over and over and over that "9/11 was an inside job" and was called a wacko by Chris Matthews. I believe that it goes much beyond that and that the freedom of speech should not apply when people like this attempt to spread their obvious message of complete disregard for the victims of that horrific event.

But my biggest regret is that I felt obligated to add to the attention that this idiot received.

No comments: