Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Technology

I usually don't blog about TV shows but I am going to make an exception today. Yesterday I watched an episode of Boston Legal online. Since they switched it to Monday nights I don't have a chance to watch it then and since it is available online I catch up when I can, but I digress.

This particular episode was about an old love of Alan (James Spader) whose husband was arrested for the murder of his nurse (and lover). But that is not the reason I choose to write about this show.

It is really about the miracle of modern medicine, research and diagnosis in particular and how technology has evolved in the medical field.

The story really goes back an episode when it is revealed that Denny Crane (William Shatner) has a problem with blood flow that causes limpus erectus. After a visit to the doctor, he comes away with a monitor attached to his tool so he can make note of the frequency and time of stimulation and it comes with your choice of ringtone.

Back to Alan's ex....while they are discussing the case you here the sound of a rooster crowing, once, then twice. It is then that Denny explains to Alan that he has the monitor implant but he will switch it to vibrate to eliminate the interruptions.

When they finally get to court (the judge is a very attractive lady), the trial is constantly interrupted by a loud humming noise.

The episode was titled True Love but I think it should have been a State of Arousal.

1 comment:

mielikki said...

thats fantastic. We've come a long way!