Monday, December 31, 2007

Nothing Doing

If you read CK's post already I must say that she is correct. While I used to celebrate on NYE, as a family it was never a big deal for us. One real important reason was that there was enough craziness going on without us adding to it or risking a night spent someplace no one in their right mind wants to be.

That's right, lying in a pool of puke somewhere very near a white porcelain receptacle meant for normal body waste is not my idea of a good time (you thought I was going to say jail didn't you?).

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I haven't been there.

Oh, have I been there!

(No not jail).

It's just that I finally figured out that there are better ways to spend 1/1 than on the floor wishing that the room or my body (whatever) would just stop doing whatever it is that is making me wish I had not had that last tequila shooter or raw egg and beer, whatever it was that made me feel like someone had taken my stomach, turned it inside out and then tied it up in knots so tight that it hurt just to breathe (I won't even mention my head).

So, if you are still into a party on this eve of 2008, remember one word, moderation. If more of us had remembered it 8 years ago maybe we would not have been drunk or stupid enough to let G.W. (no not George Washington) steal the presidency.

Happy New Year to All.

4 comments:

sybil law said...

Aaah, but where's all the blog fodder in that?!
Happy New Year!
I'll be drinking my champagne at home, as usual.

mielikki said...

yeah, I can tell we're family! Happy, boring New Year. . .

CamiKaos said...

happy new year.

in um... a couple hours.

Bubblewench said...

Stayin home is the way to go. Happy New Year!