Thursday, April 10, 2008

Miles for Martinis

I just found out that I have joined a group that allows me to drink and fly. Pilots can't do it but I can.

Every so often I get an update from United Mileage Plus telling me that they have added restaurants in "my" area (not anyone Else's area, but mine) where I can dine and earn miles on my Mileage Plus account. Most of them are pricey, some of them are dives, a couple I have actually patronized.

But I noticed something new in the latest mailing. Now there are bars, that's right, I can drink myself enough miles to earn a free flight so I'm sure that this drinking thing will catch on. I no longer have to eat my way to a free flight so this may be a new diet plan. The only problem is, with all of the problems associated with air travel, only a drunk would want to get on a plane. Then again, if I do drink my way to a free flight, that would be me wouldn't it?

3 comments:

MM said...

wow.
Just don't take American Airlines, and don't get on the plane drunk!

mielikki said...

whoops!
MM was using the Mac earlier and I accidentally helped myself to his identity..
I should have run amok with it, but I didn't....

Bubblewench said...

I ususally drink at the airport before i get on the plane. Not a bad idea. Don't get free miles for it though.

Just hope the pilots aren't at the bar too.