Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A couple of things that piss me off

There are a couple of things on my mind today. First off, I’m tired of commercials at the Movie Theater, especially the one I saw recently asking women if they were tired of their bothersome, painful period. Of course they are - what woman in her right mind WANTS to go through that every month. But that is not what really bothers me. What are they getting at and what age group is their audience? Do they want all of you to get surgically corrected so you don’t have to go through the "curse", the "little visitor" (women with large families call it "the blessing") each month or are they just saying they can help with the pain? If you fix it you may never have to pee on a stick (or the new technologically improved stick – thanks for that mielikki)

Whatever their message is and regardless of their audience, the theater is not the place for that. For the most part, you will not see condom commercials on TV but you will be reminded that you can get rid of that "feminine itch". I don’t want to see those products on TV or anywhere else. I guess you could say I don’t like any commercials but I guess they have to pay for the programs somehow. Just don’t insult our intelligence any more that our elected representatives already do.

Speaking of them, I guess the other thing that bothers me today is; pardon me, Scooter. Okay, it was not a full pardon, his conviction sticks and he still has to pay a fine (one that will not come out of his pocket if Dick can help at all) and it was not really a surprise, just that it happened as soon as it did. If Ken Lay had not passed on, I’m sure our pal "W" would have given him a get out of jail free card also. Of course as his 2nd term winds down there will be more of his ilk that get a pass. Almost all presidents (lower case on purpose) do it, some are just more reprehensible that others.

2 comments:

CamiKaos said...

Wow, now I can come to your blog for news briefs as well. I haven't read the news yet.

I too am not surprised it happened, just that it happened with another year and a half in office. He must be feeling dick breathing down his neck more than usual these days...

But I am disgusted.

mielikki said...

I agree with it all. Those commercials in the movies are ESPECIALLY fun to watch on a date with a guy your just getting to know. . .
and Scooter? Please.