Sunday, August 5, 2007

Postmortum




Another Texas legend has died. While most people may not instantly recognize the name, Marvin Zindler gained fame by taking on the La Grange brothel known as the "Chicken Ranch". His effort was fictionalized somewhat in the movie The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.


He spent his last years as a consumer affairs reporter for the Houston ABC affiliate and was well known for his inspections of restaurants. He always seemed to find "slime in the ice machines".

3 comments:

mielikki said...

He kind of resembles your brother in that picture. . . or is that just me?

No, I didn't get a copy of the cookbook you two put together, but I'd love to have one!

My Dad could care less about the counters, probably. But I've seen pictures, they do look nice. Aunt Tuna is trying to slowly get their house ready for sale, also.

CamiKaos said...

that's a damn funny movie

sybil law said...

That is a funny movie!
But slime in the ice machines... ewww.......